Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the most important aspects of website marketing and promotion. In order to make sure that your website receives a lot of visitors on a regular basis, you will need to optimize it for the search engines. Given the fact that almost all internet users opt for Google for their online search needs, it is advisable to concentrate your website optimization efforts on Google. If the website can rank higher on Google, it will automatically get a lot of web traffic on a regular basis. For beginners, SEO may be a very difficult task.
Here are a few useful SEO tips for beginners:
- Know the rank of your website – the first thing you need to do is to have an exact idea of how your website ranks in Google. Alexa and other sites can be very useful in determining the same. These sites will offer you with a thorough analysis of the web traffic generated by your website and will also let you know if your website is indexed by the search engines on a frequent basis.
- Use Google AdWords – it is a wonderful tool which is available for free and is very user-friendly. With the help of this tool, you can derive different types of keywords related to your website or your business. You can insert these keywords naturally into the content of your website so that it will be indexed more frequently by the search giant.
- Improve the content of your website – the content of your website needs to informational and not very promotional. Also, you should use images, videos and statistics whenever possible to make the content more interesting so that it will draw the attention of Panda, the indexing software of Google. When it is able to do so, it will be ranked higher in the search results.
- Hire a content writer – if you are not comfortable creating the content on your own, you can hire a content writer who can create search engine optimized content for your website. You can easily hire such writers from any of the outsourcing portals on the internet. They will not charge you a lot of money for their services.
- Submit articles – by submitting articles linked to your website, on popular article directories, you can get more links to your site and in the process make it very popular with Google. There are many article directories online where you can submit articles for free.
More Over : Top 5 Killer SEO Tips For Beginners
SEO is a very difficult to learn and never ending topic for blogger, the more you learn the better you get. In my past 6 months of blogging career believe me every day I learn new SEO tips from one or another blog sites. But what if you have just started, you cannot be very technical in the early stages. So you need to first begin with the ABC of it. And here I am going to teach it to you. Some basic SEO tips that every beginner should learn right away.
1) Catchy Post Titles
This is a very easy to learn SEO tip, make sure whenever you write a new post make the title of the post very catchy and attractive. People would never like to see a post which has a very dull and boring title. Let’s take this post as an Example – A Good Title “Top 5 Killer SEO Tips For Beginners” and the boring one “Some SEO Tips.” Include some catchy headlining words in the post title. In this case “Top 5 Killer.” Whenever you search for anything on Google you get thousands of results, but do you really visit all of them. No, you only visit the one which you think would give the perfect information and would seem to you very catchy.
2) Use Social Media
The main secret for SEO for beginners lies in Social Media. It’s not a very complex task and anyone can do this. Use social media, each and every one on which you can get your hands on. Use Facebook, Twitter and especially Google+. With the increase in the population on Social Sites than on the streets, target the audience with your brand name where you find more people. It can bring huge traffic to your site and consequently increase your rankings on Search Engines.
3) Linking Pages
The biggest example you can see yourself is if you read Wikipedia. Have you seen how they interlink each and every post on their site within the related posts? That’s why their site has such a less bounce rate, i.e. no. of visitors that include just one page view. So, connect your posts within one another and see the results yourself. This tip will keep your audience for more time on your site and will keep the flow on. Include a popular post widget below each and every post of your site or in the sidebar so that people can see it clearly. This will help a lot.
4) Use SiteMaps
Using sitemap can help a lot as it just gives the search engines a map so that they can easily navigate and index each and every page of your site. There are many popular plugins available for WordPress Platform which can help you do this task easily. One of my favorite and the one which I am using right now is SiteMap XML. So go ahead and create a sitemap for site and submit it to Google though the Webmasters Tools Page.
5) Write Guest Posts
This can help you both in getting traffic to your site as well as building some backlinks. The main reason of doing so is since you have just started out; therefor the chances are you might not get a lot of views. So if you write Guest Posts for some big sites you will surely get a backlink through that post and the second is that people might visit your own site from the guest post if they like it. I write occasionally for many blogs and believe me just a single post over there brings considerable amount of traffic to my site.
Use of Title Tags
Make sure to create unique title tags for each one of your web pages. The search engines like to see unique title tags because each page should show something different. The title tags should be descriptive and you should also add keywords in the title tag as well. Google and other search engines only show a certain amount of characters in the title tag so make sure it is distinct.
Meta Description Tag
You can include more characters in the meta description tag. The meta description tag gives the search engines a summary of what the page is about. You can write more characters within this tag and be sure to include your keywords in this tag as well. Make sure that your description tag describes the page and has to do with the content on your page. Description tags are also important because Google and the other search engines sometimes use them as snippets for the search results. This helps Google when they are displaying the most relevant search results.
Create friendlier and more descriptive URLs
Create more descriptive names for each web page. For example, our search engine optimization services page is called SEO-services.html. We use a more descriptive name instead of naming it page1.html or something vague. This also helps the search engines determine what the page is about and increases your chances of being more relevant. Vague URLs and page names can be confusing and are not memorable. This helps users to remember the name of a URL and Google looks at this as an SEO “friendly” way to name your web pages. The friendlier your URLs are, the more relevant your web pages become.
Write quality content
Make sure to write engaging, quality content. Quality content is looked at as more relevant and the search engines want to display the most relevant results for the particular keyword. Content heavily influences your website and is one of the main factors in search engine rank. Good content helps build your website’s reputation with its users and the search engines recognize this. Consistently updated “good” content will also be a huge boost in the relevance of your website.
Use your header tags appropriately
Make sure your header tags accurately describe the page as well. For example, the header of this page is “SEO Tips for Beginners to Get Started With”. This is the title of the article and it describes what the page is about. Also, since header tags make the text on the page bigger, this shows a user that this text is important. Do not overdo it with your header tags and do not stuff keywords into them either. This will look obvious and users will wonder what point you are trying to convey.
So these were some basic SEO tips that can help you shoot out your online business if you have just started out. If you think I left out something, then do share it in the comments section given below.